Chimera Magazine covers a number of game conventions across the United States of America. We will soon cover international conventions.
In the 1990's, we covered conventions local to the Los Angeles (California) area, as well as the venerable Gen Con while it was in Milwaukee (Wisconsin). Now that the magazine's staff is based on the eastern coast, we expect to shift the focus a bit, and in the early 2000's we've already seen an emphasis on Origins in Columbus (Ohio).
In addition, we've always had a sweet spot for I-CON in New York State, which is properly a science fiction con but has a gaming track.
Conventions We Try To Cover Each Year
- End of March/beginning of April in Stony Brook, New York
- Independence Day in Columbus, Ohio
- Gen Con Indy
- The largest game convention in the United States, late summer (August) in Indianapolis, Indiana
Conventions We No Longer Attend Religiously
- President's Day weekend in Los Angeles, California
- Memorial Day weekend in Los Angeles, California
- Late June in San Luis Obispo, California
- Comic Con
- Late summer (July/August) in San Diego, California
- Labor Day weekend in Los Angeles, California
- Games University
- Fullerton, California, in March.
- Reno, Nevada - they splintered in October, 2000